2021-11-30 0 Comments

Marriage Application|To Appoint Celebrant after DIY Marriage Application

You may abandon your original plan to get married at the Marriage Registry and switch to appoint a celebrant for your wedding ceremony.

If you have already made a marriage application to the Marriage Registry directly, please take the following 6 steps to complete the switch:


After Booking Confirmed & Deposit Paid

1. Receive and complete theSwitch Confirmation  

2. Input data for preparation of the Marriage Documents as follows:

Collect the Certificate of the Registrar (Before 2 workdays of your wedding)

3. Go to the same Marriage Registry where you made the marriage application to apply in writing for the issue of the Certificate of Registrar of Marriages ("the Approval Document")in the following manner:

  • By the marrying party as specified in the Confirmation;
  • Earliest: 17 days from the date of you making the marriage application;
  • The latest: before your wedding day;
  • Office hours:
      • Admiralty: Monday-Friday 8:45am-4:45pm ,Saturdays 9am-11:30am (public holidays excluded)

      • Tsim Sha Tsui : Monday-Friday 8:45am-12:45pm and 2pm-4:45pm ,Saturdays 9am-11:30am (public holidays excluded)

      • Sha Tin : Monday-Friday 8:45am-12:45pm and 2pm-4:45pm ,Saturdays 9am-11:30am (public holidays excluded)

      • Tuen Mun : Monday-Friday 8:45am-12:45pm and 2pm-4:45pm, Saturdays 9am-11:30am (public holidays excluded)
    • To name our in-house celebrant- Lai Yiu as the person in charge of your booking; and
    • To collect the Approval Document on the same occasion.

    4.Upload the Certificate of Registrar of Marriages

    5. Pay the balance 50% celebrant service fee, and send the payment record via Facebook Messenger or Email: [email protected] to An Oath (Payment Methods:https://oath.com.hk/payment-method/ )

    6. Approve the draft Marriage Certificate prepared by An Oath and receive the contact information of your celebrant.

    Please note that the above is for general reference only and should not be treated as legal advice. For details, you mayContact Us.